Grow with Leadership Jackson
Leadership Jackson is designed to enhance leadership skills for individual growth, organizational improvement and increased community effectiveness.
Leadership Jackson takes place on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from September to March with graduation in April. The classes are from 8 - 10 am at the Baker College Welcome Center (day and time are subject to change). Light breakfast and coffee are provided during each session.
The 2013-2014 Leadership Jackson sessions will begin in Sept 4. 2013. Brochure should be available in early July.
Like us on Facebook
Why register for the Leadership Jackson?
- Accelerate your leadership skills development
- Expand your knowledge of the Jackson community
- Identify personal passions
- Leverage skills to meet the emerging needs of the community
- Have a positive impact on those around you, both at work and in your community
- Inspire you to become active in community efforts that will make Jackson a better place to live
- Understand how to function in a changing workplace
- Create personal goals that will allow you to reflect and assess leadership concepts and skills for your future development
- Graduates may join other Leadership Academy Alumni to uncover new opportunities together
Send your staff through the Leadership Jackson
Empower your employees to achieve all of the points listed above as well as preserve institutional knowledge and develop the skills that will allow your employee to go above and beyond for you and your customers. This will also allow you to provide challenging, growth oriented and rewarding opportunities for your employees. Your business will see a return on investment from employees who are Leadership Academy graduates.
Are your employees worth this investment?
Expectations of Leadership Jackson participants
To get the most out of your Leadership Jackson experience, participants are required to complete the following activities during the program:
- Attend all class sessions (two 2-hour sessions per month for seven months)
- Work with a mentor and write a one-page report describing your mentorship experience
- Attend one Jackson City Council meeting
- Attend one Jackson County Commissioners meeting
- After graduation, spend time volunteering on a committee or on a board of directors at a non-profit of your choice
- Attend one of the Chamber of Commerce Board meetings; RSVP required
- Attend one Business After Hours or one Ribbon Cutting
Contact Angela at (517) 782-8221 or email@example.com for more information.