Leadership Jackson Application
Leadership Jackson is Jackson’s premiere professional development course.
Applications open July 10.
Click the button below to download the application. Please submit your application by August 9.
Why should YOU register for Leadership Jackson?
- Become a better leader inside and outside of your organization while improving your skill set to enhance yourself professionally and personally
- Gain a heightened awareness concerning the Jackson community, its needs and issues and develop an enhanced desire to become a community steward
- Create personal goals which will allow you to reflect and assess leadership concepts and skills for your future development
- Professional development
- Professional networking
- Community access
- Advancement opportunities
Expectations of Leadership Jackson Participants
- Attend one Chamber event
- Volunteer at one Chamber event
- Attend a Chamber Board meeting
- Attend a County Commission meeting
- Attend a Jackson City Council meeting (or Township/Village meeting in which you reside)
- Visit with a mentor and submit a one-page summary
- Communicate with an elected official of importance and submit a one-page summary
- Attend a local service club meeting
- Participate actively in your class service project
- Upon graduating, become active in a non-profit, if not already doing so
Class Service Project
As part of your Leadership Jackson experience, you will work with a group of classmates on the completion of a service project to benefit a Jackson County nonprofit. Each group will be responsible to meet, plan, and execute the project in partnership with their nonprofit, with the guidance of an Alumni Committee Member. These partnerships will help build a better understanding of how our nonprofit community works.
We are currently searching for nonprofits to benefit from the class service projects. Apply now!
Session Topics Include
- Emotional Intelligence
- Successfully Speaking
- Know and Value Different Personalities
- Know your Task – Live your Purpose
- Non-Profit Boards & Committee Service
- Diverse Business Teamwork
- Behavioral Health Awareness & Your Team
- Be Comfortable with the Uncomfortable
- Understanding Government?
- Basic Business Financials Explained
- What’s in Name? YOUR Name
- The New and Improved You
*Dates are tentative and subject to change.